Instructions for New Degree Students accepted in joint application
1. Confirm the study place
In order to confirm the study place, you have to accept it by 9 December 2019 at 3 pm (Finnish time) at the latest. You can confirm the study place only once, and you cannot change it afterwards. You will lose the study place if you do not confirm it by the deadline (Universities Act 38 § /Polytechnics Act 28 c §).
- You can confirm the study place electronically with the link that has been sent to your email or in the My Studyinfo -service. You can log in to the My Studyinfo -service by registering through the My Studyinfo -link at the top right hand corner of the Studyinfo.fi front page. In order to log in you need Finnish internet banking codes, a mobile certificate or an identity card issued by the police provided with a chip and a reader.
- Please read the instructions on how to confirm a study place in joint application and more information about different situations at Studyinfo.fi
- If you are unable to confirm the study place electronically, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know whether you confirm the study place or not and if you register as attending or non-attending for the academic year.
- You can only confirm one higher education study place starting in the same academic semester. The one place per semester provision applies to all higher education in Finland, both joint application and separate applications (transfer student applications are not included in the provision).
2. Register for the academic year
In addition to confirming the study place, you need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year by 9 December 2019 at 3 pm Finnish time. You can register electronically through the national enrollment service when accepting your study place (a link to service will be activated when you have confirmed the study place). If you are unable to register electronically, you can send an email to email@example.com.
- Please note that registration is not possible before the tuition fee is paid if you are required to pay the tuition fee. If you do not pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
- Registering as non-attending student: Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
- completion of military service or civilian service in Finland,
- maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
- if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
- Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance (must be submitted through an
- Service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- Maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- The student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning the studies. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification.
3. Submit the required documents
The study place is conditional until the UAS has checked the copies of previous degree certificates.
- If you have not attached the required documents to your application form at Studyinfo during the application period, you must attach/submit them by 9 December 2019.
- Copies of previous degree certificates are not required if you are admitted based on the SAT test results.
- Copies of work certificates are required from those who get admission to Master's degree programmes.
- If you have registered as non-attending student for the academic year, the documents proving the legal grounds for the absence are required.
- TUAS may withdraw the admission, if you have given false information or do not deliver all the required documents by the deadline. Further information: Deadlines for required documents
Read practical instructions on starting the studies here .
You need to start looking for accommodation as soon as you have received information about being accepted to TUAS. You can apply for an apartment from the Turku Student Village Foundation . Read the instructions carefully, and remember that you have to submit your housing application no less than six weeks before the date you are about to move in.
Living and studying in Turku
Turku is the city of 40,000 students and six higher education institutions.
Read more about living and studying in Turku: turku.fi/studyinturku
International StudentsRead more
If you are required to pay tuition fee, your admission result is conditional until you have paid the tuition fee or get exemption from it. You cannot register for the academic year before you have paid the whole tuition fee. We don’t offer any scholarships for first year students. Please read further information on the tuition fee, scholarship programme and exemption from the tuition fee here . Please contact the Admission Services if you have any questions about the tuition fee and exemption from the fee.
Students who are not citizens of EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland and will stay in Finland more than 3 months need to apply for a residence permit through Finnish Migration Services. Start the application process immediately after you receive information of admission because the process can take several months. Please read carefully the instructions for applying the residence permit.
You can also watch a video on how to apply for residence permit on the Finnish Immigration Service website.
Please note that the Finnish Immigration Service does not necessarily grant a residence permit for TUAS’ Master School studies, as there are only two contact lesson days per month. In case the residence permit is not granted, the student may apply for a travel visa for the contact lesson days.
If you are non-EU/EEA citizen, make sure you have a valid health insurance. TUAS has insurance against injuries during studies, but it does not cover leisure time accidents or eventual illness during your stay. You are also required to have health insurance before applying for a residence permit for studies. You can, for instance, look into the following insurance providers which offer international health insurances for students:
- the French company Assurances Courtages et Services (ACS) (www.acs-ami.com)
- AON Students Insurance, whose parent company is the US company AON Corpo-ration (www.students-insurance.eu)
- the US company International Student Insurance (www.internationalstudentinsurance.com)
- the Swiss insurance company Swisscare – ESI Finland plan (www.swisscare-student.com)
- the Marsh Belgium company’s Marsh Student Insurance Program (www.sipinsurance.eu). Marsh Belgium is a part of the Marsh & McLennan Companies.
If you are EU/EEA citizen, you are entitled to all health care services in Finland if they are covered by health insurance in your own country. Ask for an European Health Insurance Card from your local authorities.
Required Health DocumentsRead more
Student Health Care Center requires all the students who have lived / stayed in countries with very high risk of tuberculosis for more than 3 months to provide the following health documents. Documents have to be provided in the country where you are invited to study from. The documents must be filled in English.
- Doctor’s statement of health
- Result of Thorax X-ray. Statement has to be less than 3 months old. Results must be normal. Do not send X-ray images.
Please send the documents to the following address by post before your arrival to TUAS:
Student Health Care Center
Hämeenkatu 10, 3rd floor
It is strongly recommended that You send the required Health Documents before your arrival.
Student Health Care / Public Health Nurse Anne Immonen
Turku Welfare Division