Global Gateway - Management and development of services in an international environment
The Global Gateway research group focuses on helping companies and organisations develop their international skills in order to strengthen their ability to operate in a constantly changing operating environment. The service sector expands strongly and digitalization makes it possible for companies to enter new markets and find new business opportunities, which increases the need for international skills.
The main strengths of the research group is the knowhow in:
• comprehensive development of organisations
• international and communication skills in the multichannel operating environment of companies and organisations
• management and development of the customers’ service paths
We collaborate with companies, associations, public and private organisations, higher education institutions, research and development centres in Europe and other parts of the world. Our students participate in project activities which makes it possible for them to increase their own knowhow and networks both nationally and internationally.
Our main focus areas are the following:
• services and service logic, business development and innovations
• effective and functional processes, agile development of companies and other organisations
• management of supply chains, corporate networks, procurement and logistics
• management of internal and external service encounters
• language and cultural competence of companies, different operational cultures in organisations
• multicultural work community and its management
• technology-supported communication in working life
• integration of immigrants
Research group membersRead more
The group is open for everyone.