Developing the Home Care
A Home Care Service Package
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES RELATED TO HOME CARE IN YOUR ORGANIZATION?
DO YOU NEED EXPERT SUPPORT FOR DEVELOPMENT WORK?
New service requirements emerge as the number of home care customers
constantly increases. We provide multiprofessional consulting, prepare development programmes, and offer assessment help and training to enhance your competence. We place our diverse expertise at your disposal to help you improve your service system, management and clinical care work, rehabilitation and service model development.
- to offer optimal services to meet the individual needs of customers who
live at home
- to ensure the functional ability of elderly and chronically ill
people and allow them to live at home as long as possible
Implementation of the project
The development support can be customized to meet the needs of the customer organization. The collaboration begins with an expert consultant meeting, which will serve as a foundation for planning the organization’s goals and an individual home care development process that corresponds to the organization’s service structure.
Consulting services and training promote development. It is a good idea to begin the development process with the management staff and other persons in charge and then focus on the areas of home care that require development at the employee level.
The training sessions may include simulation exercises designed for a home care environment. Moreover, they may utilised the “Kunnonkoti – An innovative model home” learning environment of Turku University of Applied Sciences.
A training structure that meets the customer organization’s needs may include, for example, the following themes:
I Home care as a part of a service package
- modelling a home care service package, process descriptions
- assessing customer‑centred, multiprofessional service needs
- service, care and rehabilitation plans
- information flow and documentation
II Home care development
- proper care and services at home (e.g., clinical home care skills, emergency management, wound care, pharmacotherapy, nutrition, rehabilitation, auxiliary equipment)
- terminal care at home
- developing an accessible, safe and functional home environment
- service evaluation methods, such as a customer panel
- auditing preparations
- training for home care managers and team coordinators
Consulting and training can take place on the customer’s premises or in the facilities of Turku University of Applied Sciences.
The price of the services varies according to customer and is based on the training implementation method, contents and scope as well as the number of participants. For example, for a 3-5 days training the price is starting from 200€/person/day (min 10 participants).