Expert systems at TUAS
TUAS has two different expert systems. The emeritus programme includes retired members of the TUAS community and TUAS Fellows is a unique expert system among Finnish universities of applied sciences.
TUAS’ emeritus programmeRead more
The emeritus programme is intended for the staff after their statutory retirement. Retired staff members are invited to the programme and proposals on the people to be invited are discussed by the Executive Board. A person participating in the emeritus programme can continue their activities within TUAS for example in RDI activities, as a mentor or thesis instructor.
A written agreement is made between each participant in the emeritus programme and TUAS. On TUAS’ part, Rector and President Vesa Taatila signs the agreement. The starting point of the agreement is that the person participating in the programme continues their activities at TUAS.
The first time the agreement is made for a year at maximum, and after that it can be continued upon consideration.
What can emeritus activities be like?Read more
Those participating in the emeritus programme can act within TUAS in different ways.
The activity can be, for example:
- active participation in RDI activities,
- participation in teaching and the development of curricula,
- instructing theses,
- mentoring (students and staff) and
- promoting interest group activities (international activities, community relations, networks).
Duties agreed upon with the Executive Board
Those participating in the emeritus programme agrees with an appointed member of the Executive Board on the duties they will participate in. The participants report on their activities to the Dean or other member of the Executive Board.
TUAS organizes a meeting for the participants to discuss current issues within the TUAS community.
Position and title of emeritusRead more
Participants in the emeritus programme do not have an employment relationship with TUAS, and the Employment Contracts Act or collective agreements are not applied.
Those participating in the emeritus programme use the title “Principal Lecturer Emeritus” and/or Senior Adviser. An hourly wage which has been agreed upon in advance can be paid for participating in TUAS’ activities.
An emeritus can have a TUAS email address, the necessary IT software and TUAS' business cards. If necessary, a temporary office can also be allocated at TUAS’ premises. In principle, TUAS does not cover the travel costs or other similar costs of those participating in the programme.
The emeritus agreements made in 2016
Principal lecturer, emeritus
- Risto Grusander, Technology, Environment and Business
- Jukka Kaitaranta, Business, ICT and Chemical Engineering
- Pentti Korpela, Technology, Environment and Business
- Saara Lampelo, Corporate Services
- Olli Mertanen, Business, ICT and Chemical Engineering
- Raija Tuohi, Business, ICT and Chemical Engineering
- Risto Hyppönen, Arts Academy
- Eila Jylhä, Business, ICT and Chemical Engineering
The TUAS Fellows expert systemRead more
The TUAS Fellow expert system is a first of its kind at Finnish universities of applied sciences, and the invited TUAS Fellow experts will be members for the next five years.
- Artist Jan-Erik Andersson, contemporary art
- Associate Dean Carola Boehm, Manchester Metropolitan University, applied arts
- Member of Parliament Eeva-Johanna Eloranta, educational policy and health care reform
- Principal Lecturer and Entrepreneur Ander Ferran, Mondragon University Spain, entrepreneurship and innovations
- Member of Parliament Ilkka Kanerva, international security
- Editor-in-Chief Riitta Monto, Turun Sanomat, journalism
- Reseach Team Leader, PhD Margaret Nelson, The University of Bolton, real estate business and leadership
- Chief Nursing Officer Päivi Nygren, the Hospital District of Southwest Finland, development of the health care field
- Organizational Specialist Päivi Ovaskainen, TEHY – the Union of Health and Social Care Professionals in Finland, development of social and health care services
- Managing Director Maija Palonheimo, Oulu City Theatre, management of arts
- Director, New Applications, R&D Ilkka Ritakallio, Teleste, elektroniikan ja suurtaajuustekniikan tuotekehitys
- Professor Gilbert Silvius, LOI University of Applied Sciences, ethically and ecologically sustainable project management
- Senior Technology Manager Pekka Talmola, Nokia
- Former Managing Director and emeritus Henri Wibom, the Federation of Finnish Enterprises in Southwest Finland
- Professor Joca Zurc, Alma Mater Europaea, international RDI activities