The tuition fee in TUAS is
- 11 500 EUR per academic year for non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English on 1 January 2020 or after that.
- 9000 EUR per academic year for non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English on 1 August 2017 - 31 December 2019.
Tuition fee does not include accommodation or other living or study related costs.
Please note that the Finnish Immigration Service does not necessarily grant a residence permit for TUAS’ Master School studies, as there are only two contact lesson days per month. In case the residence permit is not granted, the student may apply for a travel visa for the contact lesson days.
Scholarship programme in TUAS
By completing 55 ECTS credits per year, the student will be refunded a third of the fee.
The tuition fee does not concern those non-EU/EEA students who
- have started their studies before autumn 2017;
- have accepted their degree study place in 2016 joint application, have enrolled as absent for the academic year 2016-2017 and start their studies in autumn 2017 or later;
- have been accepted as transfer students in TUAS, started their studies in another UAS before 1 August 2017 and have not been required to pay tuition fee earlier;
- study in degree programmes taught in Finnish;
- who are treated as EU citizens by agreement by the EU, or the family members of such persons
You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you provide a copy of one of the documents:
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland*
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit or
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit or
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence card in Finland (Type P-EU) or
- EU Blue Card in Finland or
- EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
*Citizens of Finland are not required to provide proof of their citizenship as it will be verified from the population register.
The decision whether you are required to pay fees or not is made based only on the Finnish Immigration Service’s residence permit decision, which is checked from the copy of your residence permit card attached to your application documents. The document must be valid on 1 August to be exempted from tuition fee on autumn semester and 1 January to be exempted from tuition fee on spring semester.
Notice, if you receive one of the documents mentioned above at any point of the application period or later during your studies, please provide us the document immediately. You will be exempted from paying the tuition fees starting from the next semester at TUAS.
Please check more detailed information with the title “Am I required to pay the tuition fees” at studyinfo.fi.