Working at Turku University of Applied Sciences
Turku University of Applied Sciences (Turku UAS) is one the leading universities of applied sciences in Finland. At Turku UAS, we educate professionals for the working life of tomorrow.
Our community consists of altogether 12 000 members – teachers, experts and students. Among us, there are professionals working in different stages of their careers. What combines us all is our willingness to promote well-being and prerequisites for good life, for individuals and for the whole Southwest Finland.
As a workplace, we are inspiring and humane. Competence and how to share it are core values for us. We invest in the opportunities of our employees to grow into top professionals in their own fields. At the same time, we are eager to develop and improve our organization.
Finland offers high-quality higher education. Our teaching at Turku University of Applied Sciences is based on innovation pedagogy, which improves students’ working life readiness. Our teachers work in a community-oriented manner and in close cooperation with local businesses and organizations.
We have an extensive collaboration network. Internationality is everyday life for us, and our staff members have opportunities to cooperate with our national as well as international partners.
Working at Turku UAS
Turku UAS staff in figures
- 841 staff members (2021)
- 54% of our staff are teachers
- 46% of our staff consists of experts and other staff
- over 45% of our staff have worked for Turku UAS for more than 15 years.
- According to our annual staff survey, the majority of our staff finds their work challenging and interesting.
- We support the professional growth of our employees.
- We offer flexible working hours and an opportunity for remote work.
- Sports classes organized in cooperation with
- We encourage our staff to participate in Erasmus+ international exchange.
Living in Finland
Turku UAS campuses are located in the city of Turku and Salo in Southwest Finland.
Everyday life in Southwest Finland is rush-free. Turku, the city of 200 000 people leading a region of 700 000 is still big enough to have adequate urban services for international experts from different professional backgrounds.