Starting the Studies
These instructions are for those who are accepted in autumn 2021 joint application to study in Turku University of Applied Sciences or separate application to Bachelor of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology.
Please check the starting date, time and place of your degree programme below. During the first days you will have necessary information and material for studying. You will also get to know your student group, teachers and the study enviroment. On the first day of studies you need to bring with you an official ID.
User ID and using your own laptop in the studies
You can activate your user ID to TUAS IT systems on 12 December 2021 at the earliest at id.turkuamk.fi > Register.
- You need to authenticate with bank ID or mobile certificate to be able to activate the user ID through the website.
- If you are accepted from the waiting list, you can activate your user ID about one week after you have confirmed the study place and registered as attending for the academic year.
- Please try again later if activating is not working yet. If you cannot activate the user ID before starting the studies or you do not have a Finnish social security number, please contact servicedesk (at) turkuamk.fi.
- Your student number, user ID and email address show up in the end of activating, please write them down for future need.
Along with e.g. different cloud services, Turku University of Applied Sciences will increasingly require students to have their own laptops during schooldays.
- Read the instructions for using your own laptop in studying
- Further information on TUAS IT services is available here.
Start your studies now – go online with DigiStart!
Start your studies by completing your first steps as a TUAS student. DigiStart gives you all you need to know about studying at TUAS before your actual studies start. You will learn about various aspects of your studies here, such as our approach to studying, the tools we use, and support for studies. You will receive a badge after successful completion of the course.
The course is available on our online learning environment, itslearning. Please follow the instructions below to start the course:
- Log in at https://turkuamk.itslearning.com
- Select ’Login with HAKA’ and use the ID that you received when you activated your TUAS user ID
- On the front page of itslearning, please choose ’Courses’ and then click on ’DigiStart S22’
- Follow the instructions given on the course page.
You can access DigiStart course as soon as you have activated your TUAS user ID. It is a good idea to start the course straight away, so that you have the best possible start for your studies. Once you are familiar with the approaches and tools for learning, you are ready to start your studies at TUAS!
DigiStart is available in English and Finnish. The language is determined according to your degree programme.
If you need help with DigiStart, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Obligatory student healthcare fee
Students attending a university of applied sciences who are entitled to use the services of the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) have been required since January 2021 to pay a healthcare fee to Kela for each academic term. All students who are registered as attending for the current term and are studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree are entitled to FSHS services.
If you are entitled to FSHS services, you must pay the student healthcare fee. You cannot get an exemption for example for using occupational health services instead of FSHS, or for not receiving any financial aid for students.
You are not billed for the student healthcare fee but must make sure to pay it in OmaKela for each academic term. How to pay the student healthcare fee.
The due date for paying the student healthcare fee is determined based on the date on which you register as attending.
- For the autumn term, the due date is 30 September provided you have registered as attending by then. If you register as attending for the autumn term on or after 1 October, the due date is 31 December.
- For the spring term, the due date is 31 January provided you have registered as attending by then. If you register as attending for the spring term on or after 1 February, the due date is 31 July.
Campuses and transport connections
Information on the campus opening hours, parking and transport connections is available on the campus introduction pages.
Preliminary timetables for the spring semester 2022 first weeks will be published by 15 December 2021 at lukkari.turkuamk.fi. You can find the group ID, starting place and time as well as other relevant information in the degree programme's info for starting the studies below.
Please note that changes to timetables are always possible and you should always check the timetable before lessons.
Tuudo - a Mobile App for Students
Download Tuudo mobile application as soon as you have received information about study place in TUAS. Tuudo is available for Android and iOS mobile devices. Find Turku University of Applied Sciences in the menu and choose New Student button when you can access the content without logging in.
In Tuudo, you can see for example campus maps and general news for students. Later when you have activated your user ID and log in to Tuudo, you can also see your personal timetable, follow the progress of your studies and reserve rooms for studying. You can also start using Tuudo's digital student card which entitles KELA-sponsored student meals and discounts on services such as VR, Matkahuolto and Turku region traffic Föli starting from the first day of the studies.
Starting time and place
Instructions for starting the studies including starting time and place are available on 5 November 2021 in the pdf files below.
NOTE! Changes to the instructions are possible due to the coronavirus situation. Please follow the information on this page. For more information on the impact of the corona guidance on teaching, please contact the contact person listed in the instructions.
Read also other practical information in the New Student's Guide.
|Degree programmes starting in spring 2022||Starting date, time and place / Open link|
Bachelor of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology (Salo IoT Campus)
Master of Business Administration, Business Management
Instructions (pdf) NOTE! UPDATED 7TH JANUARY 2022
Master of Business Administration, Sales Management
Instructions (pdf) NOTE! UPDATED 7TH JANUARY 2022