Starting the Studies
These instructions are for those who are accepted in spring 2021 joint application to study in Turku University of Applied Sciences.
Please check the starting date, time and place of your degree programme below. During the first days you will have necessary information and material for studying. You will also get to know your student group, teachers and the study enviroment. On the first day of studies you need to bring with you an official ID.
User ID and using your own laptop in the studies
You can activate your user ID to TUAS IT systems on 1 August 2021 at the earliest at id.turkuamk.fi > Register.
- You need to authenticate with bank ID or mobile certificate to be able to activate the user ID through the website.
- If you are accepted from the waiting list, you can activate your user ID about one week after you have confirmed the study place and registered as attending for the academic year.
- Please try again later if activating is not working yet. If you cannot activate the user ID before starting the studies or you do not have a Finnish social security number, please contact servicedesk (at) turkuamk.fi.
- Your student number, user ID and email address show up in the end of activating, please write them down for future need.
Along with e.g. different cloud services, Turku University of Applied Sciences will increasingly require students to have their own laptops during schooldays.
- Read the instructions for using your own laptop in studying
- Further information on TUAS IT services is available here .
Obligatory student healthcare fee
Students who study for a bachelor’s or a master’s level degree are entitled to use the services of the Finnish Student Health Service (YTHS) and must pay a student healthcare fee to Kela. No bill will be sent on the healthcare fee, and thus you have to pay the fee on your own initiative.
Read more about the services of YTHS
Start your studies now – go online with DigiStart!
Start your studies by completing your first steps as a TUAS student. DigiStart gives you all you need to know about studying at TUAS before your actual studies start. You will learn about various aspects of your studies here, such as our approach to studying, the tools we use, and support for studies. You will receive a badge after successful completion of the course.
The course is available on our online learning environment, itslearning. Please follow the instructions below to start the course:
- Log in at https://turkuamk.itslearning.com
- Select ’Login with HAKA’ and use the ID that you received when you activated your TUAS user ID
- On the front page of itslearning, please choose ’Courses’ and then click on ’DigiStart Spring21’
- Follow the instructions given on the course page.
You can access DigiStart course as soon as you have activated your TUAS user ID. It is a good idea to start the course straight away, so that you have the best possible start for your studies. Once you are familiar with the approaches and tools for learning, you are ready to start your studies at TUAS!
DigiStart is available in English and Finnish. The language is determined according to your degree programme.
If you need help with DigiStart, please contact us at: email@example.com
Campuses and transport connections
Information on the campus opening hours, parking and transport connections is available on the campus introduction pages.
Timetables and New Student's Guide
Preliminary timetables for the autumn semester 2021 first weeks will be published by 18 June 2021 at lukkari.turkuamk.fi. . You can find the group ID, starting place and time as well as other relevant information in the degree programme's info for starting the studies below. Read also other practical information in the New Student's Guide.
Tuudo - a Mobile App for Students
Download Tuudo mobile application as soon as you have received information about study place in TUAS. Tuudo is available for Android and iOS mobile devices. Find Turku University of Applied Sciences in the menu and choose New Student button when you can access the content without logging in.
In Tuudo, you can see for example campus maps and general news for students. Later when you have activated your user ID and log in to Tuudo, you can also see your personal timetable, follow the progress of your studies and reserve rooms for studying. You can also start using Tuudo's digital student card which entitles KELA-sponsored student meals and discounts on services such as VR, Matkahuolto and Turku region traffic Föli starting from the first day of the studies.
Starting time and place
Instructions for starting the studies will be published on this page on 7 May 2021.
NOTE! Changes to the instructions are possible due to the coronavirus situation. Please follow the information on this page.
|Degree programmes starting in autumn 2021||Starting date, time and place / Open link|
Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business Online
Bachelor of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology
Master of Business Administration, Service Design
|Master of Culture and Arts, Creative Design Management||
Master of Engineering, Industrial Quality Management
See also the New Student´s Guide .