We collect user information
We collect user information on our website in order to improve our services. Cookies or other technologies cannot be used to identify users on our website. For example, email addresses can only be collected by requesting users to submit their addresses. On the contact form, users are requested to submit their email addresses if they wish to receive a response to their enquiry. The information provided on the contact form is only used for the purpose of responding. Turku University of Applied Sciences never discloses any information collected about users to third parties.
We use the following cookies:
- csrftoken: a token for the prevention of CSRF attacks
- sessionid: session identifier
- Google Analytics cookie __utma: distinguishes users and sessions
- Google Analytics cookie __utmb: determines sessions
- Google Analytics cookie __utmz: monitors traffic sources and navigation
- Google Analytics cookie __utmv: monitors variable user data
- Google DoubleClick and Google AdWords cookies for marketing
- AddThis.com: a third-party cookie created and read by addthis.com. It ensures that the user sees the updated number when sharing a page and returning to a page before the cache memory of our share calculator is updated.
Prevention of cookies
If a visitor wishes not to provide us with the information listed above through cookies, most browsers enable users to reject cookies. In Internet Explorer, for example, cookies can be prevented by selecting Tools > Internet Options > Privacy.
However, cookies may be necessary for some of the pages maintained by us and some of the services provided by us to function as intended.