Data protection is important to us, and we take it very seriously. We are committed to ensuring that the data of our students, personnel and other stakeholders is processed lawfully and professionally at Turku University of Applied Sciences (Turku UAS).
We have a designated data protection officer (DPO) at Turku University of Applied Sciences. The DPO monitors that the processing of personal data is carried out lawfully and contributes to Turku UAS in fulfilling its obligations related to data protection. Turku UAS students, personnel and other parties may contact the DPO in all matters related to processing of their personal data.
If you have any concerns related to data protection, please contact the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails sent to the DPO email address will be handled by the DPO together with a data protection specialist who will also act as a deputy DPO, when needed. If both of the above-mentioned parties are unavailable for handling an email message, the message will be automatically forwarded within the organization. This way, we can ensure that matters related to data protection are handled as soon as possible, also during absences.
If you do not feel comfortable sending data via email, please contact us first, so we can agree on a suitable delivery method separately.
According to General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Subject (i.e. students, staff and stakeholders) must be informed about the processing of personal data. Privacy notices regarding the processing of personal data are available below.
The Processing of personal data regarding
- JUSTUS service privacy notice (pdf)
(businesses and individuals, such as newsletter subscriptions)
- TUAS students (pdf)
- Processing the personal data of library patrons (pdf)
- Turku UAS website
- Privacy notice for pages in the WP environment of Turku UAS
- Privacy notice for applicants applying to Turku UAS / e-form (pdf)
- Talk online magazine (pdf)
- International mobility operations and events (pdf) (staff)
- Research, development and innovation activities (pdf)
- Recruitment (pdf)
- Case management (pdf)
- Video surveillance (pdf)
- Service Desk and service requests (pdf)
- Turku UAS MOI guidance and counselling services (pdf)
- Visitor network (pdf)