Privacy notice for tuas.fi website
This is a privacy notice, which is based on articles 13 and 14 in EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. This notice applies this tuas.fi website and its visitors’ information, which are collected and processed.
Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd
20520 Turku, Finland
Telephone exchange +358 2 263 350
Contact person of the register
Mari Hartemo, Brand Manager,
Contact information of the Data Protection Officer
Please contact in all data protection related matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
The messages sent to this address are processed by the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and a data protection specialist working with him and as his substitute.
Purpose of use and justification for use
Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd (later Turku UAS) collects user data on the users of its website.
The user data can be used for the technical and content-related development of the website. The primary purpose is to improve the services of our website. In addition, we collect user data for the maintenance of communications and marketing, analysis, development work and targeting online advertising.
The log entries are utilized to ensure the information security of the service, for technical development of the service and the detection, prevention and solving of fault situations.
The legal basis for processing personal data is the General Data Protection Regulation, article 6, paragraph 1, subparagraph f: legitimate interest.
The website collects the following data automatically:
Using the service creates log entries to the servers of the technical administrator of the website.
Cookies are saved on the user’s terminal device, to collect anonymous data on the user and their terminal device and the use of our website.
The cookies of the following services may be utilized on the website: Google Analytics and community plugins to social media community services, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Some of the services offered by third parties may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area.
Transferring the data
Turku UAS may share anonymous data with third parties, which assist us in developing our website and solving fault situations.
Storage time of the data
The data is stored for the time required for these purposes and it is not used for other purposes.
Data subjects’ rights
The visitor has the option to prevent cookies from being used at the first time on our site from Secure Privacy's cookie management service, which appears on the site as a pop-up window. Cookies are classified within the service in categories: analytics, customer communication and essential (mandatory cookies for the operation of the site) cookies. The visitor can also return later to change their choices again.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, the data subject has the right:
- to receive information on the processing of their personal data, unless otherwise regulated by the law
- to request for access to their personal data and rectification regarding incorrect or insufficient information
- to erase their data (not applied, if the basis for processing is compliance with a legal obligation or performance of a task carried out in the public interest)
- to restrict the processing of their data
- to object to the processing of their data, if the basis for processing is general or legitimate interest
- to request the transfer of data they have submitted themselves from one controller to another, if the basis for processing is consent or agreement
- to withdraw the consent they have given
- to the notification obligation of the controller on the rectification/erasure/restricting of processing of personal data
- not to be subject to automated decision-making (the data subject may allow automated decision-making by their consent)
Data subjects may exercise their rights by contacting the contact person mentioned in the privacy notice or the Data Protection Officer. More information on data subjects’ rights is provided by the contact person and/or Data Protection Officer.
If processing the data does not require identifying the data subject without additional information or the controller cannot recognize the data subject, the right to inspection, rectification, data erasure, restriction of processing, obligation to report and transmittal is not applied.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Ombudsman’s office, if you consider that valid data protection legislation has been breached in processing your personal data. The contact details of the DPO can be found in the beginning of the privacy notice. All requests are processed on a case-by-case basis.