Arts Academy, Linnankatu
Turku UAS’ Arts Academy operates on the Linnankatu Arts Campus. Students in performing arts, fine arts, film and media and music complete their studies on the campus. The campus contains various studio and gallery spaces for creative work and for example a teaching practice school for circus students. Exhibitions of fine arts and photography students are organized in Köysiratagalleria and Köysiteatteri functions as a practice theatre for students. Everyone can enjoy the theatre, dance and circus performances and music and exhibitions of Arts Academy students in public shows. Arts Academy events (in finnish).
Visiting address and opening hours
How to get here
- Linnankatu campus is located in the Turku Riverside, approximately 2 kilometers from the Market Square towards the harbour.
- The main entrance, located at Linnankatu 54, is marked by a sign that reads: Turun Taideakatemia (Turku UAS Arts Academy). In the main entrance hall, there is a map and a service desk.
- Linnankatu campus can be reached easily by bus. Bus 1 services near the building. For timetables and more stop and route information visit Journey Planner (Föli Turku Region Traffic)
- The visually impaired and wheelchair users are not able to move around independently in the building (doors are heavy, there are high doorsteps, and some handrails are missing).
- There are spaces for wheelchair users in the auditoria. There is a disabled toilet located in the theatre hall.
- Parking spaces are available to some extent near Arts Academy on the following streets: Linnankatu, Läntinen rantakatu and Veistämönkuja (free parking and disc parking). There are no disabled parking spaces near Arts Academy.