Instructions for new degree students selected through Open UAS separate applications
These instructions apply to those new degree students who have been selected in a Open UAS separate application. For instructions for new students accepted through joint application, please see the New Student's Guide.
Did you apply for a degree study right through Open UAS separate application?
If you are selected as a degree student through Open UAS separate applications, you will be informed of the selection by e-mail. The results will be published within 30 days after the end of the application period for Bachelor's degree studies, and within 30 days of applying for Master's degree studies.
You can check the status of your application by logging in to the My Studyinfo service.
Were you offered a degree study right after applying?
Proceed as follows:
- Accept the offer of admission by the date mentioned in the e-mail notification on
- If you do not accept the offer of admission by the given deadline, you will lose the offer of admission.
- Acceptance of the offer of admission is binding and you may not alter of cancel it later. When you accept an offer of admission, all other study programmes that you have applied to will be cancelled automatically.
- You may accept only one offer of admission to a study programme leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. More information is available on One study place per term provision.
- Register as attending or non-attending for the next semester on the
when you accept the study place.
- As a first-year degree student, you can only register as non-attending for a statutory reason. More information is available under Registering as non-attending below.
- Pay your obligatory student healthcare fee.
- A tuition fee applies to non-EU/EEA students who start studies in degree programmes offerred in English.
- Read more about the tuition fee, exemption from the fee and our scholarship programme on the website Tuition fees.
- Carefully read the instructions below.
Turku UAS user ID
If you already have a Turku UAS user ID
- Your student ID number will change when you new study right begins. Your Turku UAS user ID remains the same and logging into Turku UAS's systems works as before.
- If the login does not work, reactivate your user ID when your new study right begins at id.turkuamk.fi.
- Reactivating your user ID is possible about one week before your degree studies begin.
- Turku University of Applied Sciences user IDs require multi-factor authentication (MFA). Please activate MFA after activating you user ID. Follow the instructions on Multi-Factor Authentication.
- If you can not access your Turku UAS user account, please try changing you password at id.turkuamk.fi.
- If you have problems activating your user ID or MFA, or do not have a Finnish personal ID or online banking credential, please contact IT Services at email@example.com.
You will receive an automated message warning you of the expiration of your user ID. You can ingore this message, as your user ID will remain valid once your new student ID number has been created.
If you do not have Turku UAS user ID
Activate your Turku UAS user ID at id.turkuamk.fi > Registration.
- Log on to the service with Finnish online banking credentials, mobile ID, or national identity card.
- If you cannot activate your user ID, please try again later. Activating your user ID is possible about one week before you degree studies begin.
- Turku University of Applied Sciences user IDs require multi-factor authetication (MFA). Please activate MFA after activating you user ID. Follow the intstructions on Multi-Factor authentication.
- If you have problems activating your user ID or MFA, or do not have a Finnish personal ID or online banking credentials, please contact the IT Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for former Turku UAS path students
You can continue your studies at Turku University of Applies Sciences Open UAS until the end your Open UAS study right. Most former path students continue their studies as degree students in the same group as their path studies; the group ID and tutor remain the same. Please contact your study quidance counselor before the start of your studies if you have any questions regarding your group or curriculum planning. The Student Office is responsible for degree study rights, as well as requests for transcripts of records and other forms related to degree studies.
New study right as a degree student
When you are accepted as a degree student at Turku University of Applied Sciences through Open UAS separate application, your Open UAS study right is cancelled and you do not need resign from Open UAS studies.
- Your right to study for a bachelor's degree begins on 1 August when the application period is in Spring, or on 1 January when the application period is in Autumn.
- Your Open studies role will be terminated by the end of the semester, either on 31 July or on 31 December.
- Your study right for a Master's degree begins at the beginning of the month following your admission.
- Your Open UAS study right expires on the last day of the month of your admission.
Enrollments and credits
You must enroll on course implementations of the following semester with your new student ID number. If you have already enrolled for implementations using you Open studies student ID, these enrolments will be transferred manually by administrative staff.
Your Turku UAS Open studies study attainments are manually accredited to your new student ID number. You do not need to apply for their accreditation separately. Please note that the accreditation does not happen immediately, and there may be delays.
Please contact your study guidance councellor of tutor teacher prior to the start of the studies if you need information on starting your degree studies.
Your new role will be visible on Tuudo one week after you transfer from Open UAS studies to degree studies.
Please also see the New Student Guide for instructions concerning all new degree students at Turku UAS! Note: If you have applied for and received a place to study for a degree different from your path studies, it may not be possible to continue your studies seamlessly. Your degree studies can therefore begin from the first academic year.
Insctructions for those accepted based on Open UAS studies completed elsewhere
In the New Student's Guide you will find the basic information you will need both before and at the beginning of your studies at Turku University of Applied Sciences.
The Open UAS studies you have completed affect which degree study group and year of studies you will placed in. A personal learning plan is prepared in accordance with Turku UAS curriculum . Continuing your studies seamlessly may not be possible and your degree studies can therefore begin during the first academic year.
Registering for the academic year
Registering as attending for the academic year
In addition to confirming you study place, you must register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year.
- The link to registration service will be activated on Studyinfo when you have confirmed the study place.
- Please note that if you are required to pay a tuition fee, registration is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. Instructions fo tuition fee payment are sent in a separate email. If you do not pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose you study right.
- If you have questions about registering, please contact Open UAS at email@example.com
Please note that as a first-year degree student, you can only register as non-attending (postpone the start of studies) on the following statutory grounds:
- service under the Finnish Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995)
Required document: Call-up order
- you need time off your studies to take care of a child in regard to the child’s birth or adoption (14.1.2022/52):
Required document: Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy (or corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave).
- you cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury.
Required document: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance must be submitted through the online form by the date of receipt of the offer of admission.
Refund of path studies semester fee for Master's degree students
If you are accepted as a Master's degree student through Open UAS separate application after completing path studies, you may be entitled to a partial or full refund of your latest semester fee payment.
- If you have paid the semester fee for the semester during which you were granted your Master's degree study right, and have completed Open UAS studies during said semester, you will be refunded the difference between the normal Open Studies fee (15 € / ECTS) and the semester fee (200 €).
- If you have paid the semester fee for the semester during which you were granted your Master's degree study right and have not completed Open UAS studies during said semester, you will be given a full refund (200 €).
For the refund, please send your account number and BIC code to Open UAS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Without this information, your semester fee will not be refunded. Payments from previous semesters will not be refunded.
NOTE. A study fee replaces the semester fee from 1 August 2023. The study fee is paid for a right to complete a set number of studies within a certain time period. The study fee is not dependent on how many credits you actually complete, and Open UAS will not return a portion of your study fee if you do not complete all the studies you enroll for. If you have started your path studies in spring 2023 or earlier, you can still get a refund. Instead, if you start your path studies after 1.8.2023, the fees will not be refunded.