You can apply to study at TUAS also through separate applications. At the moment there's three types of applications systems:
- Separate application to restore the right to study
- Separate application through Open UAS
- Constant separate application to Master's degrees through open UAS
Read more below.
Separate application to restore the right to studyRead more
A student who has had a right to study in a degree programme in another higher education institution than Turku University of Applied Sciences and forfeited it, can in the separate application apply for a right to study at Turku University of Applied Sciences to complete his/her studies. A student can also apply for the right to study in a case where the student him/herself has announced that he/she shall resign from the university of applied sciences.
Instructions for those who have forfeited their right to study at Turku University of Applied Sciences are available here.
The application is ongoing, excluding the following periods: summer holiday time from June to August and the time around Christmas and New Year. The applicant shall be notified of the selection result at the latest within 30 days of submitting the application.
A student can apply for the right to study if the amount of studies missing from the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is a maximum of 35 ECTS credits.
The right to study can be restored only to the same or equivalent degree programme in which the right to study has previously been. In terms of a positive decision, the student is notified of a total time within which the studies must be completed. A student whose right to study has been restored cannot enrol as absent but is present throughout the entire period of the right to study.
The application form is available here and it shall be submitted to the Admissions Office (Turku University of Applied Sciences, Admissions Office, Joukahaisenkatu 3A, 20520 Turku or firstname.lastname@example.org). Note! When emailing attachments, they shall be scanned and high-quality; photos are not accepted. Please mark in the cover letter that you are applying for restoring the right to study in the separate application. Please remember to sign your application.
The student has the right to request rectification of the dean’s decision from the Board of Student Affairs within 14 days of receiving notification of the decision. Instructions for making a request for rectification are provided with a negative decision.
Separate application through Open UAS, bachelor's degreesRead more
Applying as a degree student based on Open UAS studies takes place with a separate application system. Through the Open UAS path, the applicant can apply for one study option / separate application.
Applying in the separate application does not limit the applicant’s opportunity to apply for a maximum of six study options in the higher education institutions’ joint application. However, the applicant can accept only one study place leading to a degree at a higher education institution in terms of studies beginning in the same semester.
Studies completed at an Open University of Applied Sciences can be fully or partly accredited as part of the degree, according to the valid degree requirements.
The degree programmes included in the Open UAS separate application, with the information on starting places, can be found in the Studyinfo.fi service. The application also takes place through Studyinfo (application form).
Students can gain eligibility to apply for a Bachelor’s degree if they have completed at least 35 ECTS credits of studies at Open UAS that are suitable for the degree programme by the end of the application period. In addition, the applicant shall have 55 ECTS credits recorded in the study register by 5 January 2018 (application in the autumn 2017). Thus, those that apply for a Bachelor’s degree programme through Open UAS need no other eligibility for the education.
The studies can have been completed at any given Open UAS. Thus, studies completed within degree education are not accepted, but the studies have to be completed at an Open UAS.
Application periods 2017:
Separate application through Open UAS takes place twice per calendar year:
- The application period in the spring is 2–16 May 2017. The applicant shall have 35 ECTS credits recorded in the study register by the end of the application period (16 May 2017) and 55 ECTS credits by 18 August 2017.
- The application period in the autumn will take place 1.-15.11.2017. The applicant shall have 35 ECTS credits recorded in the study register by the end of the application period and 55 ECTS credits by 5 January 2018.
The application period ends on the last day of application at 15:00.
Student selection takes place based on the mean value of studies completed at Open UAS (the mean value is calculated from grades which have been recorded in the transcript of records by the end of the application period and are suitable for the degree programme). The degree programmes can also organise entrance exams or interviews for the applicants. If the degree programme uses these, information on this will be shown in Studyinfo by the study option in question.
- mean value scores of applicable Open UAS studies:
- 1.00–1.25 -> 1p.
- >1.25–1.50 -> 2p.
- >1.50–1.75 -> 3p.
- > 1.75–2.0 -> 4p.
- > 2.0–2.25 -> 5p.
- > 2.25–2.5 -> 6p.
- > 2.5–2.75 -> 7p.
- > 2.75–3.0 -> 8p.
- > 3.0–3.25 -> 9p.
- > 3.25–3.5 -> 10p.
- > 3.5–3.75 -> 11p.
- > 3.75–4.0 -> 12p.
- > 4.0–4.25 -> 13p.
- > 4.25–4.5 -> 14p.
- > 4.5–4.75 -> 15p.
- > 4.75–5.00 -> 16p.
- Scores of a possible entrance exam/interview:
Min 10p (9p or less means fail)
In cases with even scores, a draw is used.
- The applicant fills in the application form at www.studyinfo.fi and by the end of the application period and submits an official (stamped, obtained from the Student Affairs Office) transcript of records to the Admissions Office electronically: https://turkuamk.e-lomake.fi/lomakkeet/56/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=English
- The submitted documents will be checked by the Admissions Office (mean value recorded in the application form and evaluation of suitability of studies in cooperation with a representative from the degree programme in question).
- If the degree programme organises an interview or entrance exam, the applicant will receive an invitation via email.
- The applicant will be informed of the results of the selection within 30 days of the end of the application period, and the information on the selection will also be available in the Studyinfo service. If the applicant is selected, he/she either accepts or does not accept the offered study place.
- The study place must be confirmed by 3 pm on 31 December 2017. The student begins the studies at the beginning of the next semester.
According to the Finnish Polytechnics Act, a first-year student can enrol as absent for the academic year on the following grounds only:
1) he/she is completing service according to the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007) or the Women’s Voluntary Military Service Act (194/1995);
2) he/she is on maternity, paternity or parental leave; or
3) he/she is unable to start his/her studies because of an illness or injury.
Documents which verify the statutory absence shall be submitted by 5 January 2018 at 15 o'clock to https://turkuamk.e-lomake.fi/lomakkeet/56/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=English If you fail to submit the required documents, you will be registered as present.
The final transcript of records (at least 55 ECTS credits in Bachelor’s degrees) shall be submitted to the Admissions Office at the latest by 5 January 2018 at 3 pm. The student selection is conditional until the accepted student has submitted the transcript of records to the Admissions Office.
- Failing to submit the final transcript of records leads to cancellation of the study place.
- After you have submitted your final transcript of records, you can enroll as present or absent in then Studyinfo.fi service. Final day for enrollment is 5 January 2018. If you cannot use Studyinfo.fi to enrol, you can send us email to email@example.com
- Applicants dissatisfied with the student selection can request a rectification in writing from the Board of Student Affairs within 14 days of receiving notification of the decision (L483/2013 Section 22).
Constant separate application to Master’s degrees through Open UASRead more
Applying for a Master’s degree through the separate application system of Open UAS is constant (excluding the summer holidays from June to August and December).
The degree programmes included in the separate application are published in Studyinfo (https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/).
- Master of Business administration, International Business Management
- Master of Business administration, Leadership and Service Design
Eligibility for a Master’s degree is provided by the applicant’s suitable higher education degree (check the degrees which provide eligibility in the information of degree programme you’re applying for in Studyinfo) and consequent work experience of at least three years from the field in question (the field currently being applied for and the field from which the higher education degree is), and that the applicant has completed at least 10 ECTS credits of Master's degree studies 60 ECTS credits in extent at any Open UAS in Finland or 15 ECTS credits of Master's degree studies 90 ECTS credits in extent. The completed studies have to be suitable for the degree programme being applied for.
The studies can have been completed at any Open UAS in Finland. Thus, studies completed within degree education are not accepted, but the studies have to be completed at an open UAS in Finland.
The application form must be filled in Studyinfo.fi. After filling the application form, please send a copy of your transcript of records (open UAS studies) and a copy of a degree certificate which provides the eligibility, and the work certificates which demonstrate the three years of work experience. Submit the attachments to https://turkuamk.e-lomake.fi/lomakkeet/95/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=English
Note, that without required attachments your application will not be considered.
If necessary, the degree programme may invite the applicant to an interview.
The applications are processed in order of arrival. Once the notified starting places have been filled, the application to the degree programme in question is closed.
The applicant shall be notified of the selection result at the latest within 30 days of submitting the application. The right to study for a degree starts from the beginning of the month following the decision.
Please contact the admissions office, if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).