You can apply to study at Turku UAS also through separate applications.
Please note that non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English are required to pay tuition fees.
A student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. Read more about one study place per term provision at Studyinfo website .
Read more about applying in separate applications below.
Separate Application through Open UAS, Bachelor's Degree,
Applying as a degree student based on Open UAS studies takes place with a separate application system. Through the Open UAS path, the applicant can apply for one study option / separate application.
Applying in the separate application does not limit the applicant’s opportunity to apply for a maximum of six study options in the higher education institutions’ joint application. However, the applicant can accept only one study place leading to a degree at a higher education institution in terms of studies beginning in the same semester.
Studies completed at an Open University of Applied Sciences can be fully or partly accredited as part of the degree, according to the valid degree requirements.
The degree programmes included in the Open UAS separate application, with the information on starting places, can be found in the Studyinfo.fi service. The application also takes place through Studyinfo (application form).
Application period: 1.11.2021 at 9.00 - 12.11.2021 at 15.00 Finnish time
An applicant is eligible if he/she has, by the end of the application period, completed at least 35 ECTS credits of the degree programme for which they are applying at Turku University of Applied Sciences by the right to study at Open Studies or separate study right. CampusOnline studies are accepted if they are suitable for the degree programme applied to. The applicant must check the suitability of completed CampusOnline studies with his/her tutor teacher before applying.
The student selection takes place on the basis of the weighted average grade of the studies completed at Turku UAS by the right to study at Open Studies. The weighted average is calculated on the basis of all numerical grades recorded on the transcript of records by the end of the application period. Only fully completed courses' grades can be taken into account. If the studies completed in TUAS Open UAS are all included in the curriculum of the degree programme in question, the weighted grade average can be checked from the individual study plan of Peppi system.
In calculating the weighted average grade, weighting is carried out for all numerically evaluated courses, i.e. the course grade is multiplied with the number of credits for the course in question. The weighted grades are added up and the sum is divided with the number of credits from the numerically evaluated courses. The result is a weighted average, which is announced to two decimal places.
Order according to the average in such manner that each average earns a corresponding number of points (accurate to two decimal places). The points are added automatically in the system.
Acceptance limit: the minimum of 1.50 as average
Additional points on the basis of the number of study attainments:
36–40 ECTS =1 point
41–45 ECTS =1.5 points
46 ECTS or over = 2 points
In case of equal admission scores, applicants will be primarily ranked on the basis of their exact averages and secondarily by drawing lots by computer.
- The applicant fills in the application form at www.studyinfo.fi and by the end of the application period.
- The Admissions Office will verify the information submitted in the application (mean value recorded in the application form and evaluation of suitability of studies in cooperation with a representative from the degree programme in question).
- The applicant will be informed of the results of the selection by 15th of December at the latest. The information on the selection will also be available in the Studyinfo service. If the applicant is selected, he/she either accepts or does not accept the offered study place.
- The study place must be confirmed by the deadline given in the acceptance letter. The student begins the studies at the beginning of the next semester.
According to the Finnish Polytechnics Act, a first-year student can enrol as absent for the academic year on the following grounds only:
1) he/she is completing service according to the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007) or the Women’s Voluntary Military Service Act (194/1995);
2) he/she is on maternity, paternity or parental leave; or
3) he/she is unable to start his/her studies because of an illness or injury.
Documents which verify the statutory absence shall be submitted by 22th of December at 15 o'clock to https://turkuamk.e-lomake.fi/lomakkeet/287/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=English. If you fail to submit the required documents, you will be registered as present.
- After you have been selected as a student, you must enroll as present or absent in then Studyinfo.fi service. If you cannot use Studyinfo.fi to enrol, you can send us email to email@example.com
- Applicants dissatisfied with the student selection can request a rectification in writing from the Board of Student Affairs within 14 days of receiving notification of the decision (L483/2013 Section 22).
Constant separate application to Master’s degrees through Open UAS
Applying for a Master’s degree through the separate application system of Open UAS is constant (excluding the summer holidays from June to August and December).
1.9.2021 at 9.00 - 30.11.2021 at 15.00 Finnish time
Degree programmes for the autumn period's separate application will be published in Studyinfo at August.
When applying through open UAS, the applicants are required to have completed at least 15 ECTS credits of the studies leading to a Master’s degree that are 90 ECTS credits in extent or at least 10 ECTS credits of the studies leading to a Master’s degree that are 60 ECTS credits in extent in Turku UAS Open UAS. The completed studies have to be suitable for the degree programme being applied for.
In addition, a suitable higher education degree or a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma and consequent work experience are required for eligibility (check the degree programme specific degree and work experience requirements in Studyinfo). Required degree and amount of work experience must be obtained when submitting the application.
The eligibility criteria is published at Studyinfo.fi. Please follow the link to the degree programme you wish to apply to (provided above under 'Degree Programmes') and then select the Application Process tab --> click Hakukelpoisuusvaatimukset for details.
The selection criteria will change in the year 2022: from 1 January 2022 the applicant must have at least 20 credits of studies at the Open UAS in Turku University of Applied Sciences, regardless of the extent of the degree applied for. Studies must have been completed at the time of application.
The application form must be filled in Studyinfo.fi. When filling the application form, you must attach a copy of a degree certificate which provides the eligibility if you have completed your degree abroad, and the work certificates which demonstrate the two years (24months) of work experience. An official translation to Finnish, English or Swedish must be attached along with the degree and/or work certificates if the original copies are in any other language than those mentioned above. Job contracts or a CV are not accepted as a proof of work experience.
Note, that you cannot send an application form without required attachments.
The applications are processed in order of arrival. Once the notified starting places have been filled, the application to the degree programme in question is closed.
The applicant shall be notified of the selection result at the latest within 30 days of submitting the application. The right to study for a degree starts from the beginning of the month following the decision.
Please contact Open UAS, if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Separate application for the right to study to complete the studies
You can apply through this separate application if you have had a right to study in
- a degree programme in another Finnish University of Applied Sciences than Turku UAS; or
- Turku University of Applied Sciences and the right to study has begun before 1.8.2015.
In addition, the right to study must have ended and the amount of studies missing from the degree is a maximum of 35 ECTS credits.
The right to study can be applied only to the same or equivalent degree programme in which the right to study has previously been. If the applicant is accepted as a student, the total time within which the studies must be completed is notified in the decision. A student who is accepted in this application cannot enrol as absent but is present throughout the entire period of the right to study.
The tuition fee in Turku UAS is 11 500 EUR per academic year for non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English. Read more about tuition fee, exemption from the fee and scholarship programme.
The application is ongoing, excluding the time around Christmas and New Year. The applicant shall be notified of the selection result at the latest within 30 days of submitting the application. In the summer time there might be delays.
The student has the right to request rectification of the decision from the Board of Student Affairs within 14 days of receiving notification of the decision. More information email@example.com.
If you have started your studies at Turku UAS after 1 August 2015, you can apply for re-instatement of the right to study. Please see the instructions here.
Separate application to Bachelor of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology
Applying to the Bachelor of Engineering degree programme in Information and Communications Technology via separate application.
Read more about the degree programme.
Application period and instructions
17 - 31 August 2021
- The online application form must be filled during the application period.
- Admission results will be sent to the applicants by email on 30 September 2021 at the latest.
- Tuition fee for the spring semester 2022 (5750 EUR) must be paid by 31 October 2021 to confirm the study place. Read more about tuition fees.
- The studies will start in February 2022.
You can apply to the degree programme if you have completed a qualification outside Finland that provides eligibility for higher education studies (university level) in the awarding country or a higher education degree (Bachelor/Master/Doctor level) outside Finland.
Copies of passport and the final degree certificate must be attached to the application form. Also an official translation in Finnish, Swedish or English is required if the original certificate is not written in any of these languages.
Those who graduate after the application period shall submit a copy of their final degree certificate (or an interim certificate on their graduation issued by the educational institution) and a copy of the official translation by 31 January 2022.
Applicants are selected based on SAT test scores or an online interview.
If you have already taken the SAT test before the application period, you can apply with SAT test scores.
- Only the new version of SAT test (completed after March 2016) is accepted.
- SAT Subject Tests are not accepted.
- An official SAT score report must be ordered straight from the test organiser to be delivered to Turku University of Applied Sciences. The code for Turku University of Applied Sciences is 6867.
- Reports printed or sent by the applicants themselves are not accepted.
- The SAT score report must be delivered to Turku University of Applied Sciences by 10 September 2021 at the latest.
Sections used for selection process:
- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (lowest point limit 400)
- Reading Test
- Writing and Language Test
- Math (lowest point limit 500)
Applicants are accepted in order of best points. There are a limited number of places available.
Applicants will be invited to an individual online interview by email after application period.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information on applying.