You can apply to study at Turku UAS also through separate applications. At the moment there's three types of applications systems:
- Separate application to restore the right to study
- Separate application through Open UAS
- Constant separate application to Master's degrees through open UAS
Please note that non-EU/EEA students who start their studies in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes offered in English are required to pay tuition fees.
Read more about applying in separate applications below.
Separate Application through Open UAS, Bachelor's Degree,
Applying as a degree student based on Open UAS studies takes place with a separate application system. Through the Open UAS path, the applicant can apply for one study option / separate application.
Applying in the separate application does not limit the applicant’s opportunity to apply for a maximum of six study options in the higher education institutions’ joint application. However, the applicant can accept only one study place leading to a degree at a higher education institution in terms of studies beginning in the same semester.
Studies completed at an Open University of Applied Sciences can be fully or partly accredited as part of the degree, according to the valid degree requirements.
The degree programmes included in the Open UAS separate application, with the information on starting places, can be found in the Studyinfo.fi service. The application also takes place through Studyinfo (application form).
Application period: 2.-13.11.2020
An applicant is eligible if they have, by the end of the application period, completed at least 35 ECTS credits of the degree programme for which they are applying at Turku University of Applied Sciences by the right to study at Open Studies.
The student selection takes place on the basis of the weighted average grade of the studies completed at Turku UAS by the right to study at Open Studies. The weighted average is calculated on the basis of all numerical grades recorded on the transcript of records by the end of the application period. Only fully completed courses' grades can be taken into account. Weighted average can be found from Peppi.
In calculating the weighted average grade, weighting is carried out for all numerically evaluated courses, i.e. the course grade is multiplied with the number of credits for the course in question. The weighted grades are added up and the sum is divided with the number of credits from the numerically evaluated courses. The result is a weighted average, which is announced to two decimal places.
Order according to the average in such manner that each average earns a corresponding number of points (accurate to two decimal places). The points are added automatically in the system.
Acceptance limit: the minimum of 1.50 as average
Additional points on the basis of the number of study attainments:
36–40 ECTS =1 point
41–45 ECTS =1.5 points
46 ECTS or over = 2 points
In case of equal admission scores, applicants will be primarily ranked on the basis of their exact averages and secondarily by drawing lots by computer.
- The applicant fills in the application form at www.studyinfo.fi and by the end of the application period.
- The Admissions Office will verify the information submitted in the application (mean value recorded in the application form and evaluation of suitability of studies in cooperation with a representative from the degree programme in question).
- The applicant will be informed of the results of the selection within 30 days of the end of the application period, and the information on the selection will also be available in the Studyinfo service. If the applicant is selected, he/she either accepts or does not accept the offered study place.
- The study place must be confirmed by the deadline given in the acceptance letter. The student begins the studies at the beginning of the next semester.
According to the Finnish Polytechnics Act, a first-year student can enrol as absent for the academic year on the following grounds only:
1) he/she is completing service according to the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007) or the Women’s Voluntary Military Service Act (194/1995);
2) he/she is on maternity, paternity or parental leave; or
3) he/she is unable to start his/her studies because of an illness or injury.
Documents which verify the statutory absence shall be submitted by 1st of July at 15 o'clock to https://turkuamk.e-lomake.fi/lomakkeet/287/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=English If you fail to submit the required documents, you will be registered as present.
- After you have been selected as a student, you must enroll as present or absent in then Studyinfo.fi service. If you cannot use Studyinfo.fi to enrol, you can send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants dissatisfied with the student selection can request a rectification in writing from the Board of Student Affairs within 14 days of receiving notification of the decision (L483/2013 Section 22).
Constant separate application to Master’s degrees through Open UAS
Applying for a Master’s degree through the separate application system of Open UAS is constant (excluding the summer holidays from June to August and December).
1 September — 30 November 2020
Degree programmes for the autumn period's separate application are published in Studyinfo.
Eligibility for a Master’s degree is provided by the applicant’s suitable higher education degree and consequent work experience (check the degrees and work experience requirements which provide eligibility in the information of degree programme you’re applying for in Studyinfo), and that the applicant has completed at least 10 ECTS credits of Master's degree studies 60 ECTS credits in extent at TUAS Open UAS or 15 ECTS credits of Master's degree studies 90 ECTS credits in extent. The completed studies have to be suitable for the degree programme being applied for.
The studies can have been completed only at TUAS Open UAS!
The eligibility criteria is published at Studyinfo.fi. Please follow the link to the degree programme you wish to apply to (provided above under 'Degree Programmes') and then select the Application Process tab --> click Hakukelpoisuusvaatimukset for details.
The application form must be filled in Studyinfo.fi. When filling the application form, you must also attach a copy of your transcript of records (TUAS open UAS studies) and a copy of a degree certificate which provides the eligibility, and the work certificates which demonstrate the three years of work experience. Job contracts or a CV are not accepted as a proof of work experience.
Note, that you cannot send an application form without required attachments.
The applications are processed in order of arrival. Once the notified starting places have been filled, the application to the degree programme in question is closed.
The applicant shall be notified of the selection result at the latest within 30 days of submitting the application. The right to study for a degree starts from the beginning of the month following the decision.
Please contact the admissions office, if you have any questions (email@example.com).
Separate application to restore the right to study
This application is closed because of technical issues 14.-21.1.2021.
A student who has had a right to study in a degree programme in another higher education institution than Turku University of Applied Sciences or in Turku University of Applied Sciences (study right begun before 1.8.2015) and forfeited it, can in the separate application apply for a right to study at Turku University of Applied Sciences to complete his/her studies. A student can also apply for the right to study in a case where the student him/herself has announced that he/she shall resign from the university of applied sciences.
Instructions for those who have forfeited their right to study at Turku University of Applied Sciences after 1.8.2015 are available here.
This application is closed because of technical issues 14.-21.1.2021. The application is ongoing, excluding the time around Christmas and New Year. The applicant shall be notified of the selection result at the latest within 30 days of submitting the application. In the summer time there might be delays.
A student can apply for the right to study if the amount of studies missing from the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is a maximum of 35 ECTS credits.
The right to study can be restored only to the same or equivalent degree programme in which the right to study has previously been. In terms of a positive decision, the student is notified of a total time within which the studies must be completed. A student whose right to study has been restored cannot enrol as absent but is present throughout the entire period of the right to study.
The application form is available here.
The student has the right to request rectification of the decision from the Board of Student Affairs within 14 days of receiving notification of the decision. More information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Separate application to Bachelor of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology
Applying for the Bachelor of Engineering degree programme in Information and Communications Technology through the separate application system.
15 - 30 September 2020
Open application form (available during the application period)
- The online application form must be filled during the application period.
- Admission results will be sent to the applicants by email on 30 October 2020 at the latest.
- Tuition fee for the spring semester 2021 (5750 EUR) must be paid by 30 November 2020 to confirm the study place. Read more about tuition fees.
- The studies will start in February 2021.
- Admission is conditional until the copies of degree certificates and original degree certificates have been checked.
Eligibility and selection criteria
You can apply to the degree programme if you have completed a qualification outside Finland that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the awarding country or a higher education degree outside Finland. The copy of the final degree certificate must be attached to the application form.
Applicants are selected based on SAT test scores or an online interview.
If you have already taken the SAT test before the application period, you can apply with SAT test scores.
- Only the new version of SAT test (completed after March 2016) is accepted.
- SAT Subject Tests are not accepted.
- An official SAT score report must be ordered straight from the test organiser to be delivered to Turku University of Applied Sciences. The code for Turku University of Applied Sciences is 6867.
- Reports printed or sent by the applicants themselves are not accepted.
- The SAT score report must be delivered to Turku University of Applied Sciences by 10 October 2020 at the latest.
Sections used for selection process:
- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (lowest point limit 400)
- Reading Test
- Writing and Language Test
- Math (lowest point limit 500)
Applicants are accepted in order of best points. There are a limited number of places available.
Applicants will be invited to an online interview by email. Interviews will be organised in October.
Please contact email@example.com if you need further information on applying.