Turku University of Applied Sciences - Turku UAS
Turku UAS is a higher education institution of 13,000 experts, researchers, students, faculty members and teaching professionals. We create solutions for a better tomorrow – both regionally and globally. Our graduates are practice-oriented professionals with top competencies.
As a significant regional actor, we harbour close ties to businesses and municipalities in Southwest Finland. Turku UAS is the fourth largest technical university in Finland. Students are sought after experts, with 99 % employment within five years of graduating.
Key figures 2022
- over 12,000 degree programme students in the fields of
- Technology, Communications and Transport
- Health Care and Social Services
- Business and Administration
- Arts and Culture
- 711 person-work years
- over 1000 publications
- 31 research groups
- over 214 ongoing or completed RDI projects
- 13,4 % of turnover external funding for RDI
- 300 exchange universities in 50 countries
- 20 double degree agreements with international partner universities
- annually hundreds of outgoing and incoming exchange students
- International semester already established in every degree programme to enable 60 ECTS student exchange
Studies at Turku UAS
Find more about us
Gender equality and equal opportunities at Turku UAS
In our higher education community, diversity is a richness. All of us are equal regardless of gender, age, physical qualities, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, language, religion, belief, state of health, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics. Every student and staff member must be able to feel that they are treated equally and without discrimination.
Promoting gender equality and equal opportunities calls for a positive attitude, willingness to improve the internal interaction within the community, as well as honest, open discussion and hands-on development. We treat each other with respect and communicate according to good manners face-to-face, in writing, and in virtual environments and on social media. We cherish diversity and our goal is non-discriminating, inclusive language: we will not use offensive expressions, make unnecessary assumptions, or build harmful stereotypes.
As a community, we follow these principles:
- At Turku UAS, everyone can be as they are.
- At Turku UAS, everyone is equal.
- We have zero tolerance for discrimination and inappropriate treatment.
- The responsibility for acting in accordance with these principles lies with each of us.
In our Equal Turku UAS plan, we
- summarize the implementation and results of the measures recorded in the previous plan
- review the current status of gender equality and equal opportunities on the basis of information collected from various sources
- describe the measures with which we aim to promote and implement equal, non-discriminating ways of action, study environments and work environments
- define an indicative schedule for the measures and which party is responsible for their implementation.
Turku UAS` regional role in Southwest Finland
At the core of our teaching is Innovation Pedagogy, a new approach to learning developed at Turku UAS. Innovation Pedagogy emphasizes the viewpoints of RDI and working life, making our graduates independently minded professionals with excellent international and communication skills.
Leader in technology, business, health and culture
With top-of-the-line laboratories and learning environments and as a leading regional force in technology, Turku UAS is a major player in the Finnish tech field. With numerous specialities and study directions to choose from, business, communications, technology, engineering, and many other disciplines are represented.
Combining one of the world’s best hospitals, a globally renowned health care system, a long tradition in health care education, and deep knowledge of modern health tech, Turku UAS has what it takes to educate people for health and social services. Excellent facilities, such as patient simulators and real clinical services, as well as expert staff, are a winning combination for producing top quality graduates with excellent work life skills.
Culture is the lifeblood of a nation and Turku Arts Academy lives up to the demands of those looking for high-quality education in the arts. We combine art, culture, technology and up-to-date tools for top-of-the-line productions and content.
This newsletter focuses on Turku UAS’ international activities bringing you the insights and developments in our education, research and services. Sign up for the newsletter to receive the latest news, including:
• Information on student & staff exchange at Turku UAS
• Research, Development and Innovation projects
• International events
• Double degree programs