Organization of Turku University of Applied Sciences
Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd
The maintainer of Turku University of Applied Sciences is Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd. The Chair of the Board is Niko Aaltonen.
The operations of Turku University of Applied Sciences are managed by the Rector and President.
Rectors and Director of Services and Director of Finance
- Vesa Taatila, Rector and President
- Juhani Soini, Vice Rector
- Sami Savolainen, Director of Services
- Ulla-Maija Lakka, Director of Finance
The Board of Turku UAS
The General Meeting appoints the Board of Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd. In addition, the composition of the Board is regulated by the Act on Universities of Applied Sciences. The duties of the Board are regulated by the Limited Liability Companies Act, the Act on Universities of Applied Sciences and the Regulations of Turku UAS.
Turku UAS Board members
- Chairman of the Board Niko Aaltonen (Service Manager, City of Turku)
- Vice-Chairman Niina Ratilainen (Member of the Turku City Council)
- Member of the Board Pyry Lehtinen (student, TUAS)
- Member of the Board Mari Lahti (Senior Lecturer, TUAS)
- Member of the Board Jari Niemelä (Deputy Mayor of the City of Salo)
- Member of the Board Heli Paasio (Executive Director, Turun ensi- ja turvakoti ry.)
- Member of the Board Riitta Pyykkö (Vice Rector, University of Turku)
- Member of the Board Marja Salenius-Ranki (Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Elomatic Oy)
- Member of the Board Pekka Sundman (Director, City of Turku)
The presenting official in the Board is the Rector and President Vesa Taatila and the secretary of the Board is Director of Services Sami Savolainen.
The executive board of Turku UAS
At Turku University of Applied Sciences, there is an Executive Board which coordinates and develops the operations of the institution. The Executive Board members are the Rector and President, Vice Rector, Director of Services, Director of Finance and Deans.
The Chairperson of the Executive Board is the Rector and President. When necessary, the Executive Board will hear experts and student union representatives.