Instructions for New Degree Students accepted in joint application
1. Accept an offer of admission
You need to accept an offer of admission by 15 July 2022 3:00 pm Finnish time (or within 7 days from the accepting date) or you will lose your offer.
- You can accept the offer of admission with the link in the email that you have received. If you have a Finnish social security number, you can accept the admission offer only by using the My Studyinfo -service.
- Accepting an offer of admission is a binding choice, and you cannot cancel or change your choice later.
- You can accept only one offer of admission per academic term. When you accept an offer of admission, all your other admission offers will be cancelled automatically.
- If you cannot accept the offer of admission electronically, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See further instructions at Studyinfo.fi
2. Register for the academic year
In addition to accepting the offer of admission , you need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year/semester.
- The link to registration is activated in Studyinfo when you have accepted the offer of admission.
- Please note that if you are required to pay the tuition fee, registration is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. Instructions for tuition fee payment are sent in a separate email. If you do not pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
- If you have questions about registering, please contact us by email email@example.com.
Registering as non-attending student (postponing your studies)
According to the Universities Act/Universities of Applied Sciences Act, a first-year student may register as absent for the academic year for the following reasons only:
- service under the Finnish Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995)
Required document: Call-up order
- the student needs time off his/her studies to take care of a child in regard to the child’s birth or adoption (14.1.2022/52):
Required document: Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy (or corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave).
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury.
Required document: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance must be submitted through an online form
3. Submit the required documents
The study place is conditional until the UAS has checked the required certificates. Turku UAS may withdraw the admission, if you have given false information or do not deliver all the required documents by the deadline.
- If you have not submitted the required documents on your application form at Studyinfo during the application period, you must submit them by 15 July 2022.
- Copies of previous degree certificates are not required if you are accepted to our Bachelor's degree programme based on the International UAS Exam or SAT test results.
- Copies of work certificates are required from those who get admission to Master's degree programmes.
- If you have registered as non-attending student for the academic year, you have to submit the documents proving the legal grounds for the absence through online form.
- Further information: Deadlines for required documents
Important information for new degree students
Read also these pages:
- International Students On the page about tuition fees, required health documents and moving to Finland
- Starting the Studies On the page you will find starting time and place of studies and instructions for activating Turku UAS user IDs
- New Student's Guide On the page you will find other important information for new students