Instructions for New Degree Students accepted in joint application
1. Confirm the study place
You need to confirm the study place by 3 December 2021 3:00 pm EEST or you will lose your study place.
- Confirming a study place is a binding choice, and you cannot cancel or change your choice later.
- You may confirm only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. When you confirm a study place bindingly, all the other study programmes starting in the same academic term will automatically be cancelled. Read more at Studyinfo.
- Further instructions on how to confirm a study place in joint application is available at Studyinfo.fi
2. Register for the academic year
In addition to confirming the study place, you need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year/semester by 3 December 2021 3:00 pm EEST.
- The link to registration service will be activated in Studyinfo when you have confirmed the study place.
- If you have questions about registering, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that if you are required to pay the tuition fee, registration is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. Instructions for tuition fee payment are sent in a separate email. If you do not pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending (postpone the start of studies) only on the following legal grounds:
- completion of military service or civilian service in Finland,
- maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
- if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
- Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance (must be submitted through an
- Service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- Maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- The student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning the studies. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification.
First year student may also register as non-attending during the first academic year if he/she is prevented from starting the studies due to an official order related to the covid-19 epidemic or for any other serious reason related to the epidemic. This section of the Act applies only to registration for the academic year 2020-2021 and 2021-2022.
3. Submit the required documents
The study place is conditional until the UAS has checked the required certificates. TUAS may withdraw the admission, if you have given false information or do not deliver all the required documents by the deadline. Further information: Deadlines for required documents
- If you have not attached the required documents to your application form at Studyinfo during the application period, you must attach/submit them by 3 December 2021.
- Copies of previous degree certificates are not required if you are accepted to our Bachelor's degree programme based on the SAT test results.
- Copies of work certificates are required from those who get admission to Master's degree programmes.
- If you have registered as non-attending student for the academic year, you have to submit the documents proving the legal grounds for the absence through this form: https://turkuamk.e-lomake.fi/lomakkeet/287/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=English
Read practical instructions on starting the studies here .
Required Health Documents
Below you can find the instructions in 2020. We are still waiting for new instructions in 2021.
Student Health Care Center requires all the students who have lived / stayed in countries with very high risk of tuberculosis for more than 3 months to provide the following health documents. Documents have to be provided in the country where you are invited to study from. The documents must be filled in English.
- Doctor’s statement of health
- Result of Thorax X-ray. Statement has to be less than 3 months old. Results must be normal. Do not send X-ray images.
Please send the documents to the following address by post before your arrival to TUAS:
Student Health Care Center
Hämeenkatu 10, 4th floor
It is strongly recommended that You send the required Health Documents before your arrival.
Student Health Care / Public Health Nurse Anne Viskari
Turku Welfare Division
Please note that Student Health Care is closed on 18 June - 19 July 2020.