Theatre in Palm – Theatre platform for supporting emerging artist cooperation and resilience
Theatre in Palm project is a first ever Creative Europe platform project for theatre art. It brings together 12 partners from all over Europe to collaborate and co-create in an international and intercultural platform.
Project objectives are to
- increase the visibility and the circulation of European emerging artists and works outside their own borders
- increase access to and participation in cultural events and activities, as well as audience engagement and development.
- support emerging artists and cultural performers to co-create, cooperate, and promote their work.
Turku UAS is coordinating this massive and intriguing project as a pioneer when it comes to coordinating a Creative Europe platform project in Finland. Other members of the consortium consist of different cultural and theatre organisations from 11 European countries; Sweden, Italy, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Belgium, Cyprus, Romania and Bulgaria. The members are foundations, theatre companies, institutes, art and production centers etc.
During the 3-year duration of the project the group will among other things
- create an European Theatre co-programming plan for emerging artists recovery and support
- organize 24 Digital Coffee talks to discuss topical common issues
- organize 24 emerging artist mobilities and 3 rounds of residencies for emerging artists with the participation 240 artists
- organize 72 European Theatre labs, two international 3-day Theatre Academies (in Portugal & Sweden) and two festivals (in Ireland and Cyprus)
- on the final year run a theatre roadshow.
The project will also create a common communication strategy with extensive dissemination plan. As part of the dissemination the project will at the end of the project collect a digital repository of showcases.