ARTHEWE - Multiform Pedagogy in Arts, Health and Wellbeing Education
In the ARTHEWE project, five European HEI’s are developing higher education related to the field of arts and health. In each partner organization, the project will develop, in cooperation between the partners, study modules related to either social and health sector, well-being and health promotion or arts and culture curricula, joint degrees in these fields or other study modules.
ARTHEWE develops multiform pedagogical approaches and art-based methods in the field of arts and health as part of online and contact learning, as well as interprofessional work in the field of arts and health. The project defines the core expertise of the professionals working in the international field of arts and health, in international cooperation.
The contents of the study modules to be developed in the ARTHEWE project include among other things:
- promotion of well-being and health through creative methods,
- social sustainability and personal professional growth,
- meta-skills needed in working life,
- arts-based and embodied methods,
- exploring and understanding concepts of health and wellbeing from a performative aesthetics standpoint.
The partner organizations come from Sweden, Greece, Ireland and England. The project is coordinated by Turku University of Applied Sciences, where the project is centrally related to the joint Master's degree in Creative Well-being (60/90 ects).