Digital Toolbox for Innovation in Nursing Education I-BOX project
The aim of the project “Digital Toolbox for innovation in nursing education (I-BOX)” is to design and develop audiovisual materials in open-access format related to procedures and nursing techniques in a simulation environment that will help graduate nursing students to improve their education and training.
All this materials will be shared on a digital and collaborative tool that will allow to restructure content in mobile learning format. The project network of universities develop new materials in nursing education, to achieve the following specific goals and related activities:
•To develop educational and audiovisual e-learning material following ASSURE model related to procedures and nursing techniques in a simulation environment. ASSURE is an instructional design model that has the goal of producing more effective teaching and learning.
•To validate and adapt to cultural context the DREEM tool to Spanish, Russian and Finnish languages. The Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure (DREEM) will be used to assess the learning environments in the participating universities.
Expected results of the project:
- To bring out new strategies (digital tools) to improve nursing curricula across higher education institutions in Europe to reach the excellence in the training of the nurses.
- To improve competencies of teachers, students and health professionals related to nursing skills and technological competencies.
- To increase an integrated use of ICT and open educational resources (OER) in nursing education and training.
- An open and free access platform will be created to share knowledge, e-learning materials and learning strategies in simulation environment.
- Develop recommendations of good practices to implement educational e-learning material within the Nursing Education (theoretical or practical subject) to be used in higher education institutions.
- The total numbers of e-learning materials on the implementation of nursing procedures will be 90 videos, 60 podcasts and 60 infographics. The material will be produces in English, Spanish, Russian, German and Slovenian languages.