OPEKOI – Teacher’s Foresight Skills
The aim of the OPEKOI – Teacher’s Foresight Skills project is to increase teachers’ foresight skills in continuing education 4 x 2 ETCS. The education is carried out twice from November 2021.
The education is organized online, but depending on the situation, the workshops are held locally (Helsinki, Hämeenlinna and Turku).
Contents of the education sections:
- methods of foresight competence and scenario work
- sustainable development and climate responsibility as foresight competence
- future working life, education and new technologies and
- foresight workshops: developing foresight skills in one’s own field of education.
Education responds to the need and the role of the education providers to build a sustainable vision through continuous learning. Foresight skills are essential working skills for teachers in order to develop the structures of society and working life. In OPEKOI, the target group is especially the teaching and counselling staff of vocational education and free educational work organizations.
As a results of the project:
- the foresight skills of the representatives of the target group develop and the participants receive concrete tools for planning and implementing future-oriented teaching
- the foresight skills of teachers and counselling staff become part of the basic function of the educational establishment and
- a permanent model of co-operation and education is created between the implementers (Häme University of Applied Sciences, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences and Turku University of Applied Sciences).