OSKE 3 – Path for immigrants’ competence development for Maahanmuuttajien osaamiskeskus 3
In the project, guidance is developed for the customers of Maahanmuuttajien osaamiskeskus, i.e. International House Turku, and for immigrant students. The guidance process is developed in cooperation with the City of Turku and different educational institutions.
The project continues the development work of the previous OSKE 2 project in the following work entities:
- Developing the guidance process for upper secondary vocational education
- An entity of language- and coaching-oriented support
- Development of a guidance process for higher education
Turku UAS is responsible for developing the guidance process for higher education. The measures and development areas of the project include:
- support and guidance services for immigrants interested in higher education
- guidance on extending individual competence also for non-degree students
- competence mapping and tests to identify and recognise previously acquired competencies of immigrants
- network cooperation between International Houses (osaamiskeskus), universities and other educational institutions
- communication of higher education guidance and study opportunities to immigrant customers and customer counsellors in International House Turku
- consolidation of cooperation between Turku UAS and International House Turku
As a result of the project, recognizing the competence of immigrants becomes easier and moving to education and working life becomes quicker. The guidance process being developed can be applied also in other cities and educational institutions.