Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business Online
Would you like to be a marketing manager of a fast growing IT company in Finland, a business strategy consultant in EU, an international sales manager in Singapore or start up your own business? These are examples of some of the positions our International Business Online programme may open for you.
The International Business Online (IB Online) programme provides a new and interactive way of acquiring a BBA degree fully online. Together we develop knowledge and skills through weekly interactive online sessions, working in virtual multicultural study teams with authentic projects and working life oriented methods, guided by experienced online teaching staff.
How will you study online?
Online studies give you a possibility to combine studies to work or other situations in life. The studies are full-time, but since there are usually only 1–2 online meetings per week with the teacher and your study group, you can work on your assignments during other times either in small groups, in pairs or individually, depending on the course.
The International Business Online programme utilizes technical tools provided and supported by the university. You will also gain digital work competencies by studying online and will be able to use those skills in your future career in international online business environments. The curriculum consists of basic and professional studies, optional studies, practical training and Bachelor's thesis.
- Studies create a balance between independent and collaborative study
- Collaborative study enables you to learn, discuss and create together with a small study team
- Independent courses offer a chance to focus on studies at your own time and pace
- Regular online meetings ensure you receive feedback and guidance from lecturers
- Weekly two-hour online meetings reinforce learning objectives, enhance motivation and progress in your studies.
- All online meetings scheduled after 3pm (Finnish time) to facilitate combining work and studies
- Interesting up-to-date online materials to gain knowledge on our online learning platform
- Teachers trained in online pedagogy to provide full support throughout your studies
- Full access to all technical tools, and online study resources provided and supported by Turku UAS and IB Online.
Apply in Joint Application
Joint application means that you can apply to up to six study programmes with one application form. These six options may include degree programmes from one or several different higher education institutions in Finland. The next joint application period for this degree programme is
- joint application in spring 4 - 18 January 2023 (studies start in August 2023)
Applications are submitted through the national online application portal studyinfo.fi (in Finnish Opintopolku). The students are selected based on school performance, SAT test or international University of Applied Sciences (UAS) exam. Selection methods are explained in more detail on the Admission Criteria page.
Apply to Path Studies (Open UAS)
In path studies, you complete the first-year studies of a Bachelor’s degree in a group of degree students in an academic year. The extent of UAS path studies is about 60 ECTS credits. Open Studies are subject to a charge.
A degree cannot be completed in path studies. After the path studies, based on the success in studies and the number of completed credits, you can apply as a degree student in the Open Studies path application and continue your studies seamlessly until graduation.
Next application period for path studies is
- application period in summer 2023 (studies start in autumn 2023)
Links to studyinfo.fi will open in spring 2023.