KYKY – Higher Education Institutions Enabling the Growth of the Competiveness of Companies
The various funding opportunities that opened up and open up for recovering of the corona crisis during 2021, when properly used and targeted, offer extensive co-operation opportunities for universities and companies in the region of Southwest Finland. Only through cooperation is it possible to achieve results that have a national impact and strengthen the international competitiveness of companies in the region.
Turku University of Applied Sciences has mapped the willingness of other universities and companies in the region to co-operate on large RDI ecosystems and project entities in accordance with their own areas of expertise. The University of Turku, Åbo Akademi and Novia are attached to several ecosystems through their own priorities.
The coordination and implementation of joint projects requires both expertise and time investment, which Turku University of Applied Sciences promotes in the project.
The aim fo the KYKY project is to:
- Establish RDI ecosystems in the Southwest Finland as environments for the joint development of companies, universities of applied sciences and universities.
- Ensure that regional recovery funding provides extensive support for RDI ecosystems to be established in the region of Southwest Finland as environments for the joint development of companies, universities of applied sciences and universities.
- Ensure that a significant share of the RRF funding that opens later for national applications is received in Southwest Finland.
- Ensure that the large-scale packages to be prepared include all the necessary regional expertise and know-how from both universities and companies.
- Ensure the commitment of the various parties.