Developing of the School Health Care
The School Health Care continuing education course
The School Health Care continuing education course provides an extensive basis for evidence based development of school health care services.
Our education is based on the good practices of the Finnish school health care system which focuses on:
- prevention of health risks
- health promotion
- preventive and curative health care services
- multi-professional collaboration.
School nurses are the main professionals working within school health care.
The School Health Care continuing education is directed at nurses and organizations in the fields of health care and education.
- After this education, participants are able to plan and put school health care nursing into operation in their own organization.
- Our education is based on the good practices of the Finnish publicly funded school health care system in which the role of the school health nurse is extremely central.
The school health care system
- A health promoting school environment
- Transferring the benefits – implementation of the good Finnish practices in the target organization.
Multiprofessionality in school health care
- The roles of different actors in the multiprofessional school health care team
- The multiprofessional school health care team and its impact on the health and well-being of the pupils.
Professional competences of the school nurse
- Evidence based school nursing care
- Basis for practising school nursing
The course will be executed by using different learning methods such as contact teaching and web-based learning. The contact teaching can be arranged in the ordering country or in Finland.
The participant will receive a diploma for completing the School Health Care continuing education.
Contents of the education can be modified based on the wishes and needs of the partici- pants and the ordering organization.